Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Check it out!

With one of the greatest ever Test series having just ended, I guess the statistics about this series should be fresh in all our minds. Well, then, check yourself out in this quiz over at BBC's webpage. For the record, I scored a paltry 6 out of 10! :-(

Also, check out this page in The Times where readers have listed out how they helped England win the Ashes. One of the readers says this:
Firstly I must apologise to Andrew Strauss, Michael Vaughan and Ian Bell. Unfortunately I must travel through one of the Mersey tunnels to and from work. As it is impossible to listen to the radio whilst journeying through them, I am forced to break my otherwise uninterrupted listening. Each time I emerged from the other side I found a wicket had gone down. This was the cause of Strauss's dismissal in the first innings. Due to a slow moving bus I was delayed in the tunnel on Monday morning and, when I did emerge, Vaughan and Bell had fallen victim to this tunnel of dismissal. Sorry guys.

:)) I myself do this often - making bets with myself that "In the next 5 seconds, if something does not happen, then something good will happen". I was especially guilty of doing this during my JEE days. I used to make such ridiculous bets! For example, if someone I was going out with was kick-starting a scooter, I used to say to myself that if the scooter started within 3 kicks, then I would make it through JEE, else not. And obviously, whenever my bets failed, I used to switch to the best-of-three mode and bet on two other ridiculously high probability events soon after. If several bets failed on a day, that day would go by in a particularly glum mood. It's good to see that there are other psychologically impaired people out there :)

Cheers,
Harsha

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/11
Got the bonus question correct :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Harsha V. Madhyastha said...

Whoever manages to crack it is GOD! :)

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should see "Run Lola Run". You will love it.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Harsha V. Madhyastha said...

Yes, I have seen that movie. I remember around 15 of us saw it cramped in one single room in our IIT hostel. And none of us moved through the whole movie; it progressed at such a frenetic pace!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a quiz for you that I've made. Cryptic style but no standard rules. Answer to each is a person involved in the Ashes (mostly a player).

1. A bigger boat leads the Aussies all at sea
2. Will have to make merry in his own royal land.
3. The first man to not cross any significant batting landmark in an Ashes
since 2004
4. Comic hero finally retired from lecturing in England
5. DCth saves himself and country of ignominy from teammate
6. Acted like Mike, Alec and others but not anymore; still sounds
like Shane
7. Required air towards the end but to his credit did suck some out of
the opposition.
8. Had a perfect hold of gili-danda.
9. A couple here and there, and the freak would have no chance
10. Carriage took a lot of flak from the captain, but deftly
substituted its worn wheels

12:38 PM  
Blogger totti said...

i just got 5 right :( i thought i had cracked all of them. Just like i thought i had cracked JEE :)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home